Interim Project Manager
Are looking for a highly experienced Interim Project Manager or Interim Project Management services? You've come to the right place. Placing your order for an Interim Project Manager with KPS is as simple as ABC. Whatever your Interim Project Management requirements may be, a KPS Interim is sure to deliver. Require references? No problem! Have budget constraints? No problem! Need an onsite or offsite Interim Project Manager? No Problem! In fact being a small business we are pretty flexible! Find out why, simply contact KPS with your statement of requirements or to arrange a meeting to discuss.
Purpose and Role of an Interim Project Manager
An Interim Project Manager deliver projects by leading and managing project team(s), with the authority and responsibility for project management on a day-to-day basis. An Interim Project Manager generally takes direction from the Project Board and is responsible for project managing processes, planning and delivering the products of the project to the required scope and quality standards within the specified constraints of time and cost and to ensure the project is capable of achieving the benefits defined in the Business Case. An Interim Project Manager is also responsible for ensuring project teams maintain enthusiasm, momentum, integrity and coherence for the duration of the project which they are managing and there associated deliverables.
General responsibilities of an Interim Project Manager
An Interim Project Manager is responsible for a multitude of activities some of which are below, however should administrative support be available from a PPSO (Programme and Project Support Office) then the Interim Project Manager may delegate many or some of the responsibilities to the PPSO. It is important to note that an Interim Project Manager is NOT accountable for the Project - The Project Executive / Project Board is!
- An Interim Project Manager will apply best practice project management standards and the applicable methodology.
- An Interim Project Manager will project manage the production of the required outputs.
- An Interim Project Manager will plan and monitor the project, the PPSO can assist the Interim Project Manager with this activity.
- Preparing and maintaining the Project Plan, Stage and Exception Plans as required in conjunction with Team Managers (the PPSO can assist the Project Manager with this activity.
- In the absence of a dedicated Risk Manager - An Interim Project Manager will manage project risks, including the development of contingency plans, the PPSO can assist the Interim Project Manager with this activity.
- Liaison with programme management (if the project is part of a larger programme) and related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
- Overall progress and use of project management resources, initiating corrective action where necessary, the PPSO can assist an Interim Project Manager with this activity.
- Controlling project change (in the absence of a dedicated change manager), quality and any required configuration management, the PPSO can assist an Interim Project Manager with this activity.
- Managing the exceptions/budget.
- Reporting to the Project Board on project progress through project highlight reports and stage assessments.
- Liaison with appointed project assurance roles to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project.
- Managing project administration, the PPSO can undertake this activity.
- Conducting end project evaluation to assess how well the project was managed and preparing an end-project report.
- Preparing a Lessons Learned report, the PPSO can assist the Interim Project Manager with this activity.
- An Interim Project Manager will prepare any follow-on action recommendations for the project as required.
How can a KPS Interim Project Manager help?
KPS understand's that many organisations are under pressure as budgets are cut, resources are reduced, and timescale's ever more challenging, yet the demands for increased productivity continues to rise. With these current challenges, organisations cannot always provide the focus and time to deliver projects effectively, to find the right expertise or resource at the critical stage's of a project, and as a result, suffer additional costs on projects through poor conception, planning, procurement and execution.
KPS can provide you with an interim project manager to fulfil your short term to long term needs for project management. The interim project manager role will be undertaken by one of our qualified/experienced interim's whom will embrace every facet and every stage of project delivery throughout their assignment. An interim project manager from KPS will drive the end to end process, making sure we give you all the support you need through your project's life span, taking care of everything from project start-up, project initiation to project closure ensuring your project objectives are managed in a fully controlled environment using your preferred methodology.
An Interim Project Manager from KPS is able to adapt to your project management environment rapidly and transparently so that there is no distinction between a KPS Interim Project Manager and you're existing Project Management Organisation, should one already exist.
The principles behind successful Interim Project Management services from KPS embrace the following fundamental aspects:-
- An Interim Project Manager can provide expert advice from day one.
- An Interim Project Manager can help you set clear project objectives and a defined project scope.
- An Interim Project Manager can help you to apply best practice project management tools, techniques and methods.
- An Interim Project Manager can help you understand and implement Project Management by Exception.
- An Interim Project Manager can help you implement a structured process for risk management.
- An Interim Project Manager can help you manage and motivate the project team.
- An Interim Project Manager can develop and maintain an agreed baseline project plan and detailed stage plan(s).
- An Interim Project Manager can help you with project planning and managing the deployment of resources to meet project milestones.
- An Interim Project Manager can help ensure tight control of project budgets.
- An Interim Project Manager can build and sustain an effective communications plan with all parties involved in the project as required.
- An Interim Project Manager can apply quality management principles and processes.
Working in collaboration with our clients at an early stage, KPS has helped reduce major costs, provided a flexible and responsive Interim Project Manager and given access to skills and the necessary expertise from simple to highly complex projects.
If you would like to discuss your requirements for an interim project manager - please contact KPS.